CSCE is a national organization, and CSCE Saskatoon is one of the many sections of the Society across the country. Becoming a CSCE member shows your interest and dedication to the practice of civil engineering, and offers a number of benefits at both the Section level and the National level. CSCE is a not-for-profit organization, and membership dues support the activities and programming offered by CSCE both at the Section level and National level. Becoming a member is as easy as visiting the CSCE National website, www.csce.ca/membership/membership-general/! Also, if you are a current CSCE member, you can easily renew your membership by logging into the CSCE National website (www.csce.ca). Membership renewals are sent out every year in December.
Benefits of CSCE Membership include:
- Discounted prices for tickets to at all CSCE Saskatoon events, including Nooners, our AGM, and seminars,
- Discounted registration fees for the CSCE National conference (held annually),
- Networking and professional development opportunities,
- Free print copies of Canadian Civil Engineer (CCE), the only Canadian magazine dedicated exclusively to civil engineering,
- Discounted rates on the Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering (CJCE), a peer-reviewed technical journal on civil engineering,
- Preferred or discounted rates for membership in other societies, such as the Canadian Geotechnical Society (CGS), the Canadian Society for Engineering Management (CSEM), the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering (CSME) and the American Society for Civil Engineers (ASCE), and
- Preferred or discounted rates on a variety of products, including car rentals, hotels, group home and auto insurance.
Also, CSCE offers free memberships for all students – if you are currently attending a post-secondary institution training for a career in civil engineering, be sure to take advantage of this offer!